On behalf of the Elentra Consortium, I am pleased to announce that Elentra ME 1.16 has officially been released. Our primary focus of this release was to enhance and improve existing features within the software, as well as addressing bugs that have been fixed or reported by our community.
This quarterly release cycle also included maintenance releases of Elentra ME 1.13.3, 1.14.3, and 1.15.1. Schools who are running 1.13, 1.14, or 1.15 are encouraged to obtain the latest version from their corresponding release branch.
Our public summary of improvements is as follows:
Improved LTI Integration
Elentra ME has had limited LTI integration for several years. Significant advances have been made in this release to the management of LTI Providers and the flexibility of integration with external LTI enabled products.
CBME and Assessment & Evaluation Enhancements
The Assessment & Evaluation module is one of the largest and most sophisticated modules in the Elentra Platform and continues to benefit from continuous improvements and enhancements by consortium participants. Some of the highlights included in this release include:
- automatically triggered standard rotation evaluations (Queen’s);
- learners who complete a clinical rotation can now be tasked with automatically completing peer assessments (Queen’s);
- assessments should not be able to be deleted by the assessor when they are marked as mandatory in the Distribution (Queen’s);
- a “seen by target” icon is now displayed to the assessor on their My Completed Tasks page indicating that the target has seen the assessment (Queen’s);
- a Distribution’s Delegator can now be set as the target of an assessment task by the assessor (Queen’s);
- internal assessors/evaluators are now able to complete tasks without logging into the system (Queen’s);
- home program administrators are now able to schedule assessments for their learners when the learner is scheduled into off-service rotations (Elentra Core);
- program directors and administrators are now able to mark CBME stages as complete for learners in their program (uToronto);
- a Distribution’s assessor list can now be automatically determined based on the preceptors who are associated with the rotations/blocks/slots of the selected Rotation Schedule (NOSM);
- significant improvements and fixes were made to the Adhoc Distribution method, which can now be used when CBME functionality is enabled for an organization (Elentra Core);
Clinical Experience Improvements
The Clinical Experience module consists of My Learners, Rotation Schedule, Logbook, and Lotteries sections, which have been built independently over the past 18 months. In this release, we have revisited the user interface of the different sections to improve consistency, experience, and performance.
Clinical Experience > Rotation Scheduling
uManitoba, Elentra Core
In addition to overall improvements within the Clinical Experience module, the following enhancements were made to the Rotation Scheduling section:
- administrators can now attach files and resources to a rotation, which are accessible to the associated learners;
- administrators can now define a list of sites, buildings, and/or rooms that are affiliated with rotations, blocks, or scheduling slots;
- administrators can now define a list of preceptors affiliated with rotations, blocks, or scheduling slots;
- learners can now approve or reject granular clinical events that they have been scheduled into by an administrator.
For further information or clarification regarding information contained in this release announcement, please contact: