Over the past three months, the Entrada development community has contributed over 165 bug fixes, feature refinements, and enhancements into Entrada ME, and today we are pleased to announce the immediate release of Entrada ME 1.8.1 and 1.9.0 Open and Consortium Editions.
Entrada ME 1.9.0
Secure Testing / Exam module (UCLA)
Entrada ME 1.9 can conduct both secured or non-secured exams, tests, and quizzes using a standard web-browser and optionally coupled with Open Source or Commercially supported computer lock-down technology. This feature also includes the ability to facilitate remote Proctoring of Exams by audio, video, and screen recording the exam taker. The Exam module supports a Question Bank, Exam Builder, and several item types including MCQ, short answer, essay, matching, text, and fill-in-the-blank.
My Bookmarks feature (UCLA)
Entrada ME now includes an optional internal bookmarking feature that allows users to quickly access pages, reports, or system functionality they use most frequently. Bookmarks are searchable and sortable.
Room & Location Management (UCLA, uCalgary, Entrada Core)
Physical building and room management have been a long requested features within Entrada. Administrators now have the ability to manage buildings and rooms. Once rooms have been created, they are selectable within the Learning Events setup section.
Curriculum Matrix enhancements (Entrada Core)
The Curriculum Matrix now shows the number of times each objective is tagged throughout the curriculum. With this information easily accessible, users can be made aware of objectives that are not being covered adequately.
Faculty & Staff as Learners (Queen’s)
Added the ability to associate faculty and staff members as the audience within a Cohort or Learning Event
Improvements to Assessment & Evaluation (Queen’s)
Significant improvements and refactoring to many aspects within the Assessment & Evaluation module, including the Dashboard, Distribution Engine, Form Builder, and Item Bank (Queen’s)
Learning Event module refinements (Entrada Core)
Added option to indicate a parent + child Learning Event relationship when creating recurring events
Color Code Courses & Learning Events (UBC)
Added the ability to color code Courses & Learning Events
Accessibility Improvements (uOttawa, Entrada Core)
Removed the 5-second pause between actions within the Entrada Community module
Other Technical Improvements Include
- Entrada now requires PHP 5.6.3+
- Updated Medbiquitous Resources to reflect recent changes (Entrada Core)
- Entrada CLI’s model –create utility has been significantly improved (Entrada Core)
- There is now an option to lazy load data into our AdvancedSearch jQuery plug-in (Queen’s)
- Configurable regular expressions in settings.inc.php: KIOSK_MODE_CARD_PARSER – defines the format of the “student number” when swiping cards in “Kiosk Mode” for attendance tracking, and VIDEO_EMBED_REGEX – to specify the allowed video sources for embedding video (WSU).
- Configurable option in entrada.settings table to determine whether or not to display Podcasting and My Bookmarks sidebar items (NUS, Entrada Core)
- Increased the default Community soft quota size from 100MB to 1GB (WSU)
- Added the ability to customize the visual layout of the Learning Events > Event page on a per-organization basis (WSU)
- Added a JMeter load testing template (UBC)
Entrada ME 1.8.1
We have also decided to do a subsequent 1.8 release as well to resolve several bugs within the 1.8.0 code base. These fixes included:
- Deleted unused API files.
- Fixed several bugs within the Clinical Rotation Scheduler.
- Made the province/state selector optional for countries without provinces or states.
- Added the ability to enable/disable the Podcast sidebar.
- Fixed several bugs with the facilitated learner ePortfolio.
- Added a missing database table index to the objectives table.
For further information or clarification regarding information contained in this release announcement please contact: