Queen’s University is celebrating its 175th anniversary and to recognize this tremendous event the Entrada Project team at Queen’s University, University of Calgary, UCLA, University of Ottawa, Rush University, and University of British Columbia is pleased to name our latest release Entrada 1.7.5 in honour of the occasion.
Entrada began at Queen’s University in 2004 within the School of Medicine under the deanship of Dr. David Walker and directorship of Dr. Benjamin Chen. It has since matured and expanded into the only platform capable of supporting Medical Education from Undergraduate Admissions through to Continuing Professional Development.
Consortium partners and staff can download Entrada ME 1.7.5 Consortium Edition from our private project repository. The general public can download the Open Edition by clicking the Download link at the top of the page, or by visiting our public GitHub project repository.
This release includes over 59 enhancements, fixes, and refinements that focus primarily on stability and user experience. Here is some of what is new:
- Enhancements to Learning Event Type selector when managing Learning Events.
- Added the ability to do granular audience scheduling within a Learning Event. You can now schedule different times for different audience members.
- Added the ability for Course Directors to export Learning Events.
- Added Shibboleth Authentication support as another SSO option.
- Refactored single sign-on code to better support both CAS and Shibboleth.
- Enhancements and fixes for the Manage Users module.
- Enhancements for selecting and adding users in Manage Cohorts and Community Members areas.
- Added xAPI / Experience API / Tin Can support to Entrada (PHP 5.4+)
- Detailed polishing and fixes within many Community modules and templates.
- Added substantial flexibility for permissions in Discussion Forums, Document Sharing, etc in Communities. They can now be limited to specific small groups within a Course.
- Added the ability to attach files to Discussion Forum posts in Communities.
- Added the ability to add links, HTML, and folder hierarchy to the Document Sharing module in Communities.
- Greatly improved the Quizzes module in Communities.
- Updated the Weather Widget to use Yahoo’s new API.
- Entrada dependencies are now managed using Composer.
- Added 2 letter, 3 letter, and numeric ISO country codes for greater flexibility.
For further information or clarification regarding information contained in this release announcement please contact us.