The Entrada project team is pleased to announce the release of Entrada ME 1.6.1. This release is the first version to use the ME branding as part of our Entrada Platform. Entrada ME 1.6.1 focuses primarily on refinements and improvements, as well as updating core components, introducing all new Community templates, and an enhanced Curriculum Search engine.
It is also important to note that we now have two versions of Entrada ME: the Open Edition, and Consortium Edition. The majority of our development activity is now completed within our private consortium source code repository and only features intended for the public are brought into our Open Edition repository. For more information about the Consortium, please contact us.
- New Curriculum tool called Curriculum Matrix, which accompanies the already robust Curriculum Explorer and Search tools.
- Greatly enhanced and refined Curriculum Search engine, which now includes mapped Course and Learning Event objectives in the search results.
- Change the order of Resources attached to Learning Events (to Before Class, During Class, After Class, No Timeframe).
- All Learning Event Resources are now included in the Teaching Reminder e-mail notifications.
- Ability for faculty to decide when and if Objectives mapped to Learning Events are visible to Learners.
- New interface that will allow administrators to manage Assessment Characteristics for their organization within System Settings.
- New interface for viewing and managing Course Enrolment for course directors.
- Ability for course directors and administrators to copy Assessments from year to year, which reduces data entry and error.
- Over 35 other various bugs and issues were resolved.
- All new Community templates, including a new Default template.
- Community RSS and Calendar feeds are now available with the Private URL support, which makes them accessible to Google Calendar.
- Removed the seldom used “Community Registration” option when creating a new community.
- Added the Google API Client Library for PHP to replace Zend_Gdata. This library manages the Entrada Google Hosted Apps integration.
- FontAwesome is now included with Entrada, which provides hundreds of great glyph icons.
- Entrada CLI, which is used to create, apply, and audit database migrations (changes).
- Introduction of Entrada_Settings class to manage application and organizational specific settings.
- Many internal components were upgraded including Zend Framework 1.12.17, CKEditor v4.5.5, Smarty v3.1.24
For further information or clarification regarding information contained in this release announcement please contact contact us.