The Entrada development team is pleased to announce the release of Entrada 1.2.0, which is available now from the Entrada downloads page and Git master branch. While new features, existing feature enhancements, and of course bug fixes are often highly anticipated in new releases we would like to take a moment to praise the optimization work that has gone into the 1.2 release. At least a few developers have spent time examining slower areas of the application, and speeding it up significantly by doing code and database query optimization.
In addition to the optimization work that has taken place for this release, we have a number of new features and enhancements to highlight as well:
- Ability to add complex meta-data to user profiles. (i.e. immunization records, etc.)
- A new Evaluation module to handle course and teacher evaluation.
- A new “Hot Topic” tagging feature for learning events.
- New event type reports that display the different methods of teaching going on in the curriculum.
- A new developer tool that gives administrators the ability remark completed quizzes.
- Added support of faculty to view their teaching schedule via iCalendar feeds.
- Ability to copy existing learning events.
- Ability to attach quizzes to an existing community.
- Ability for learners to see their assignment marks via the grade book.
- A number of enhancements to the tasks module.
- Extended support for student roles.
- Increased speed and optimization throughout Entrada.
A full list of new features, fixes and enhancements is available from the Entrada 1.2.0 Roadmap. To obtain the Entrada 1.2.0 PHP source code please visit the downloads section of our website or visit the Sourceforge project page.
For further information or clarification regarding information contained in this release announcement please contact:
Senior Web Developer
Medical Education Technology Unit
School of Medicine, Queen’s University
Telephone: +1 613-533-6000 x78146